Pages

Saturday 21 August 2010

Friday Feeling

Day 4, 23.59pm. After four days of doing no running at all, ZERO MILES I thought I'd give the leg a chance to redeem itself and bimble around a small field at a snail's pace behind M. We ventured out onto the grass for a soft and flat nursery run tonight to see what would happen. My left leg didn't fall off. It didn't get any worse either. It was a bit sore but seemed to ease a bit after a mile or so. I'm feeling a bit optimistic that I might manage another outing this weekend and clock more than the 4.5 miles total so far for this week. We will see what tomorrow brings. I'm now becoming a wise old tree with all these mistakes to learn from.

9 comments:

Steve said...

good news potentially. Remember (as I am) to take it steady - don't rush back into it

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jack said...

i am glad to hear that you are getting back on your feet, and i second what steve says, take it slow and don't rush back too fast. good luck!

Mark H said...

Awesome pic Sarah.
Think this ones my fave.

Antony Bradford said...

Glad to hear your injury is on the mend and nothing too serious.

Maybe just a few more days before you can start running up trees.

Runningbear said...

Hi and thanks for the kind words guys. Leg still a bit gammy but hoping if I'm good and rest a bit I'll back to normal in a week or two.

Thanks MH, glad you like the pic :)

ultra collie said...

easy does it rb..well done in holding back :-)

Documentary said...

I love the website, go day to see him ever again post. Congratulations and published as yet.
How about the article, is that other, very interesting.Maybe you'd let you comment on my site.
Anyway, blog is great. Good luck!

kate said...

just catching up on posts...hang in there rb. what about a bit of cycling?

Post a Comment