Pages

Saturday 12 December 2009

Every Second Counts

After a steady week back to quality training I ventured over to Leeds before sunrise to have another crack at the 5k time trial. The 9am start around this bendy and muddy course is well worth the early start - you can be bathed & bacon buttied all by 10.30am if you're quick. Justin P and Josie H also turned out for the Santa strewn event, some festive 'fun', though I worried for the park whilst picking my way through discarded false beards on the warm down.

I ran pretty good, very evenly paced in fact with only 1 second between each of the three mile splits. Hope you're all impressed. I felt strong, though background fatigue remained from the efforts of Tuesday and Thursday night . I slipped and slithered over the muddy finish with 17.29 on my watch. Gutted to see it is 17.30 on the official records! Pleased to have a PB on a pretty slow course though and I reckon might push to a sub 17 on a fast course with fresh legs. Maybe not just yet, but perhaps a target for the spring. I wore my very fine Brooks T6 racers - they're kind of super light and bendy and tilt you forward to perch on your toes even when stood still. These are great events & I missed regular Mark H (where were you?!), it didn't seem quite the same without his friendly face or Marc S from Horsforth to chase. I'll definitely try and return once a month for these in the New Year and hopefully keep some spring in these legs during the marathon build up.

3 comments:

ultra collie said...

crikey..thats an even pace! did you run as mrs clause?

Mark H said...

You ran pretty good ??
Sarah , you're a far too modest lady!!
You've had such a fantastic year and feel sure you'll cap it all off with another stormer at Ribble Valley.
Wish I could get my splits as evenly and consistent (I used to be able to).

Couldn't make it down today as I was at work.
I'm planning on doing it next week as a sharpener for Ribble.

kate said...

i am suitably impressed :)

Post a Comment