Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

Are We There Yet?

The weeks are whizzing by scarily fast and I'm now counting down with only 8 weeks to go to Marathon day. That's only 5 weeks left of full training readers... the other 3 being my sensible taper. How mad is that?!

You'll be glad to know I've been dutifully hitting the streets every day, cranking out the miles with another couple of 80+ weeks. It's been a slog with work being so crazy busy but I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. It starts with a bit of a test next Sunday; the Bramley 20. 

I've raced very little, with the exception of the odd marathon paced shuffle around a local HM. Yesterday I dipped my toes into the greasy mud for the second OK Cross Country of 2011; a frisky little lung burster of about 5k around Cliffe Castle Park in Keighley. These are fab events, organised by Keighley & Craven AC. It was very pleasing to take another 20 seconds off my time in very muddy conditions. M was also looking frisky, shaving another 7 seconds off his course record. Great fun in lovely, friendly company and highly recommended. 

So, the Long One (22) today at a sensible pace felt okay and easier than two weeks ago. I'll be proper racing next Sunday, testing my legs at 20 miles of target pace; 6.18 pace is the plan. M is entered for the 10 miler on the same course so I'll get some friendly shouts amongst the crownds of softie southerners in the second lap at least. And then it's a week off... a week of running in daylight, getting the new camera out to play and lolling about happily. And I really really need it.

5 comments:

Steve said...

6:18 pace eh?
Well I know EXACTLY what that feels like.
Also,
If you don't expand on 5D mkll ownership soon I will forced to buy my own to find out

ultra collie said...

6.18 is quite precise

Hayfella said...

Is the cake scoffing going as well as the training? I'm particularly into Nigel Slater's Double Ginger at the moment and can recommend it. Mind you I run twice a slowly as you. Perhaps the two are related. Good luck on Sunday

oldrunningfox. said...

Good luck in that Bramley race Sarah. I never dared risk a sapping twenty miler before a marathon but you've seven weeks to recover - if my maths are right - so I'm sure you'll be just fine.

kate said...

6.19 is probably more realistic ;) looking forward to new camera snaps.

Post a Comment