Pages

Sunday 18 July 2010

The Great North 10k 2010

After a bit more of an adventure than we'd bargained for these last twenty four hours we're just back home. I'm too tired to blog right now, especially after the long ride home in a recovery truck [don't ask!]

For those very eager followers I've posted some event pics below. I think they capture the wild Sunderland weather (no fast times today) and the highlights of our elite quarters in the players' area at the Stadium of Light, home of Sunderland AFC...you might spot the odd star in the 'Players Lounge' too. I finished 5th lady overall, which more than made up for the slow times on today's undulating and windy course. My new scarlet T6s were a dream to race in and looked magic with the spangly laces, even if I  do say so myself! It'll all be on the telly next week and as I write no chip times up but initial gun time results here. Laters...

5 comments:

kate said...

are you sure you were racing, looks more like stalking to me ;)

...well done!

T.C. said...

Excellent time!

Hayfella said...

Can't wait to see those laces on the telly! Well run rb.

Root said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Runningbear said...

Thanks all for the good wishes.

Post a Comment