Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Mid Week Mayhem

Three days into the new job and I already need another holiday. How tiring it is to be a newby; everywhere I turn I'm reminded of all the stuff I don't know yet. There's so much stuff coming from all kinds of directions and I've yet to discern the important stuff from the mere fluff. I've got brain ache and just long to get home and clear my head with a good run. Late finishes this week have made the evening run a squeeze leaving no time for blogging, whether it be reading others or writing my own. I'm thinking that I might start experimenting with my BBerry for some mobile blogger action...
On a more positive note, the sore foot has been grumbling less on the even road surface and a return of some hill efforts last night were a good workout though a bit of a shock after very little hill work of late. M came too and the bad bum cheek is now well and truly grumble free.
The late & long one tonight could have been tough had I not been giddy with some good news. I was very chuffed to hear on Monday that some running sponsorship will be coming my way. With the kind support and advocacy of Mr Complete Runner, Brooks have offered some sponsorship support, meaning this Runningbear now has a kit deal for the next year. So, I will be very well turned out indeed for all of my running adventures in the coming months. I get to pick my shoes and 'apparel' this weekend with a very glitzy Brooks racing kit for my non-team events. I'm hoping for the best when it comes to a choice of pants, it could be a deal breaker.

10 comments:

misszippy said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the Brooks deal. At your speed, you are deserving.

jumbly said...

Sponsorship. Nice one!

Julie said...

Hi Sarah,
Congrats on the Brooks sponsorship, that is so awesome!! You have every right to feel proud of yourself!! I am not surprised that you were chosen.....you run like the wind and bust out those speedy splits:) Good job RB!! Oh, and the job will get better...just give yourself a little time to adjust:)

kate said...

excellent! go faster pants and everything :) glad to hear that you're both nearly grumble free.

T.C. said...

Excellent! You're going to look terrific! Glad the injuries for you and M have cleared up.

Julbags said...

Well done, superb news about the sponsorship.

Mark H said...

Well done on getting the sponsorship.
Love the top.Will look great in the summer ... if we ever get one.

ultra collie said...

ah the pants..you know the style that suits you best ;)
btw i cant work out how to post/comment from my bberry..if you do can you pass on the tips?

Hayfella said...

Congratulations RB!! Well deserved. Does it mean you have to wear Brooks shoes too?

Runningbear said...

Thanks all for joining me in the excitement, not sure when I get the stuff but have ordered all sorts of goodies. And yes, includes shoes too... M has in fact just tried out the Green Silence - a fully recycled racer. It's quite snazzy looking too...

UC, BB posting depends on your set up and the way you prefer to go about it. I've got it on mail set up but you could also try your claim code (it didn't work for my network) - See: http://www.blogger.com/mobile-start.g or http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=41452

Post a Comment