Pages

Saturday 5 December 2009

Excuses

Since Wednesday I've been putting in a few miles again with a steady 10m on Thursday night and then a bit of a speed workout today. I seem to have lost a bit of my mojo this week and in particular the need to be entirely brutal in my training. I'm not sure whether I'm a bit demotivated or am just trying to juggle too much right now. I'm partly feeling more comfortable with giving myself a more realistic recovery too. The prospect of applying for a new job at the moment (& a very gruelling assessment centre) is also floating in the background & taking up far too much head space.

Today was a session on the grass. M & felt a wee bit lazy and wanted to avoid a drive over to Nelson. Even the lure of a visit to Lidl wasn't enough of a pull. We managed 12x300m but it felt tough with slightly race tired legs still. The real test will be tomorrow with the final long long run planned for this year. Though I've not really started the marathon training as yet, this dipping my toe in the water for these longer ones gives me a bit of confidence in what I'll be able to cope with in terms of marathon training come the New Year. Not long now... P.s. I had to share this clip, forgive me but its the cutest thing I've ever seen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment