Pages

Saturday 26 December 2009

Chevin Chase 2009

Its come around quick this year, our annual jaunt over the hill to watch the nutty lot doing the Chevin Chase on Boxing Day, made even more nutty given the icy, snowy descents. We saw the leading Brownlee brother (and ahem, clubmate as well as new world triathlon champion) perform some particularly impressive stunt rolls whilst the chasing pack were still nowhere to be seen at the two mile marker. The race drama was only enhanced by the wealth of silly costume antics, hope you enjoy the pics below.
M & I smuggled in an easy 4 miles this morning though it was treacherous and slightly mad trying to run across the naturally formed ice rink in front of the house. I gave up and walked the worst sections so not much of training session and certainly no fat burning was going on. That Christmas curry will no doubt come back to haunt these rapidly growing hips...

Tomorrow is another day and I'm now fully defrosted after all digits became painfully cold whilst taking snaps of today's race. I've just checked out the entry list for tomorrow and what an awesome line up it is for this fast 10k. Its good not to have any pressure to be up there, a top 10 placing would be good, top 5 would be awesome though the saddlebags might weigh me down. I'll be watching my back of course as M certainly fancies his chances, and so do I.

0 comments:

Post a Comment