Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

21 Again

I'm back briefly to blogging (hello!) after weeks of winding up an old job and preparing for a new work life. The holiday in the mountains seems light years away, having since smuggled in 4 tidy track sessions and an introduction to drills since then. Ouch, my glutes are still smarting.

But my leaving do last week has allowed some thoughts of the future, including a return to thinking about running and planning ahead. I've been told by an acquaintance at the track that I need a three year plan. He was probably right. My head just hasn't been in my running of late with everything else that's been going on; the Runningbear mojo has been on holiday.

I'd set myself up for another marathon later in the year, Chester maybe. But I'm now beginning to wonder if this is wise, particularly in the first three months of starting a new and challenging job. I've wondered if a focus on building some speed for a good half in the autumn would be better prep for a fast marathon next year. No decisions as yet but I've yet to feel marathon training hungry.
I'm keep my options open for now including a steady 21 on the trails today, a long run in the rain to start burning off some of that Austrian kuchen! This last week finishing off has been hectic, so much so I've still not downloaded the holiday pics. A poor show I know but starting Monday it'll be just one job. I'll be the new girl tomorrow; all shiny shoes and a fresh hair cut. Hope I make some new friends in Manchester. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

ultra collie said...

hey best of luck in your new job rb..they'll love you.
the rest will follow :)

Steve said...

Thought you had slipped off the side of the earth!

Summer is great for running (apart from the flies) but also great for doing so much other stuff too, then add a new job into the mix and thats a busy life.

I too have opted out of training for an autumn mara' (thats not to say I wont still run one)

Post a Comment