Pages

Monday 14 September 2009

Hibernation Calls

I’ve been a very dozy & tired Runningbear today; hibernation would be a nice option right now. The excitement of the weekend is catching up with me and I’m a bit shattered after a a hard race and then curry and thrills with running mates last night. A lovely meal was had with M and good mates Kevin O and Richard B (Tricky) as we put the running world to rights over our chapattis. It was a most welcome curry to this girl’s tummy.

I over ordered as usual and was still getting the tummy cramps I’d had in the race - some kind of lurgy was still lurking but I pressed on like a brave soldier working through my fish massala and concentrating on the refuelling task at hand ; ) I enjoyed news of the Yorkshire road relays and of Tricky’s part in the fine Bingley team performances. I’m convinced he’s going to leave his PB in tatters at the Sutton 6 next weekend.

For us it’s some enforced rest today with college tonight and the first outing of the new dreaded navy uniform. We start on the front of the leg for this first chance to get all handsy. I’ll be pleading for a more thorough going over to ease these post-race legs when the massage tutor’s back is turned. Training wise I’ll see how I go. We enjoyed an easy 5m early before work and though the race legs were evident it wasn’t quite as bad as expected. No tough sessions until later this week to ensure proper recovery then maybe something like efforts later on with a nice long run on Sunday to get us back on track with the miles for this new winter programme.

0 comments:

Post a Comment