Pages

Sunday 20 September 2009

Before & After

The more shrewd readers amongst you might have noticed the recurrence of naughty home baked treats featuring in my posts of late. Well, I've been at it again. This time bread shots (little buttons of dough filled with tasty treats like pesto, melted cheese & salsa..mmm) and Figgy tarts with a yummy marzipan centre. They've not gone in the oven yet but they look quite pretty in their pre-baked state...
The onset of my baking fever might 'bear' some relationship to a return to proper running after an easy summertime and a couple of weeks ease down. Today marked the return of the long run and with it the excuse to get my rolling pin out. After the track visit yesterday I stayed with a sensible plan today and ran the nearly 17m at a very steady pace, and was glad I had when faced with the rather long hill from miles 5-7. Felt good despite it being quite a few weeks since I ran this distance though I'm ready for my massage tomorrow night; a role play as client for fellow masseurs-to-be.

3 comments:

Antony Bradford said...

I suppose that's another good thing about the long run; You can have some treats without the fear of putting too much weight on. I'm not sure about four pie cases of them though. Hope you shared them out.

Anonymous said...

It's taken me most of the week to recover, but I will be there at the relays to see you.
You seem to be posting some very nice pictures of tasty grub Sarah. I took a particular shine to that large Pizza with all the trimmimgs.
And putting the sentence 'Mmmm delicious with melted cheese' in your sentences about your 5-star baking is pushing my taste buds over the edge!

Runningbear said...

Hi Antony, I did let M have one - the others accompanied me to work for my morning coffee break : ) And I don't feel bad either - I need the fuel!

Ian, sorry to be such a temptress. See you Sat maybe? Sounds like the Bingley girls will be out in force!

Post a Comment